Sunday, August 24, 2008

Living Proof Live

God's timing is always perfect. I just returned from the Living Proof Live Conference in San Antonio today. I got to meet some precious women and for that I am grateful. I believe it gave me a teeny tiny taste of the reunion we will all have in heaven.
Beth Moore did a phenomenal job communicating the Word of God passionately and accurately.



When the event ended yesterday, we walked in the rain. We were drenched! As we walked in the rain, I wondered why the child-like desire to splash in puddles had to leave.
Well, I got a second chance at it. I was hungry to play with my children after being gone and I was jumping on the trampoline with them, when all of the sudden subtle sprinkles began in the midst of sunshine. It quickly turned into a down-pour and we played like children. I ran out front with them all looking for places to splash with my girls. We sat in them, we splashed and we laughed. When I saw neighbors I didn't feel stupid because my children were with me. I am trying to picture what it would have looked like if I was sitting in a puddle in San Antonio and splashing all those women with no children around. I am thrilled to have children by my side helping to play well. Thank you, Lord for that second chance of playing in the rain!

12 comments:

Mari said...

I have tears in my eyes!!! What a sweet reunion...

Emily said...

oh Rachel, how awesome!!! God is so good :)

Jackie Sue said...

What a fun way to play!!! So glad I got to meet you in SA. Hope we are able to keep in touch. Blessings to you and yours. p.s.sorry about the situation with your sister. I am praying God will meet her needs and yours as you minister to her.

Emily said...

ok, I am cracking up because I just commented on Mari's blog and saw that you changed your user name and so did I :) Funny.

Jill said...

Sweet friend of mine....Oklahoma is not that far from Florida...oh, and when we are talking heartstrings, it is moments away. I loved hearing about you and the girls and the jumping and the rain.
Talk with you soon.

Stacey said...

Fun! I played in the rain today, too, but it was not on purpose. ;)

Melinda said...

Wasn't it a wonderful time?! I'm ready for next year already! :o)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Joyfully,
Melinda

GratefulinGA said...

Wasn't it so fine? Wish we had met in San Antonio, we would've puddle jumped together!

Thanks for coming by my blog, I look forward to checking in with you again.
Blessings and Hugs,
Tammy

Constance said...

RACHEL!

Seriously, I think I was sitting in the row behind you on Friday night!!! I would've been to your left. I saw a lady with her hair up and a nametag with Rachel on it. I couldn't make out the city though. Then a little while ago, I saw on the photo link from Rich, photo #6 is a lady named Rachel from Edmond, OK. If that is indeed you, then I DID see you!

Hugs,
Connie
Denton Texas

Tammy M. said...

Thanks so much for visiting espressohislove.blogspot.com and leaving a comment. The conference was such a blessing.

I love your favorite book list, many of your favorites are my favorites too. Have you read Same Kind of Different As Me yet? You would love it.

Unknown said...

Funny... I told everyone in my group to bring rubber boots, raincoats, umbrellas and such other rain gear for the potential downpour and forgot to grab my own! I got soaked walking back, too. I groused about it for a few of those pace while the mascara washed into and stung my eyes and then I heard these words rolling around in my head: "It's a cleansing rain." We'd been scrubbed up in the word and were ripe for a fresh washin' for the Lord! Ain't He Good? My girls would die if they heard that question, but they don't blog.

Thanks for your sweet comments over at my blog and know that you have been prayed for and praised God for... Thanks so much. (I celebrated my 10th Anniversary in San Antonio Friday!) Of course, I was not with my other half... I was with all of you.

Anonymous said...

Honey, you are such a good Mommy, just like Mimi, Stacey and my Sherrie! I pray everyday for you and your family! Love you all, Pop White