Monday, July 6, 2009

Windy Gap

I am in kick-back-mode for the week. No kiddos. The last two Harry Potter books. Meals prepared and served. What more can I say?

It is strange to just be an observer this week at camp. This time last year I remember posting about being on our first assignment and beggin' for prayer. Now, I am watching it all going on and remember how hard it can be. I'm meeting the families that are all in their third week of "bonding" and just remembering. I have even seen a couple people that were with us at SharpTop Cove last year.

I have the big bike ride lingering in the back of my mind. I know it's Saturday and I want to do it well. But, I also want to eat all these amazing desserts and sit around camp and be lazy. Right now, we're contemplating getting out of here to go for a ride this afternoon. Maybe if I get myself off of this computer and make Nick close his book, we'll go..... we'll see!!!!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Silly girl, save all those desserts for AFTER the race!

Mimi said...

I am so glad thast you are able to have this time to prepare yourself for the ride, without the children making their demands on your time. Things are going well here!!