Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Runner's World

My heart is not the only thing I've been working on. As most of you know, I have been a cyclist now for a couple of years. Well, after my friend finished her first marathon, I got so inspired, I decided to give running a whirl. So, the day after the marathon I began training to become a runner. I started with a 30 minute run 3 times a week. And now, only four weeks later, I'm up to 4 and 5 miles about 4 times a week with some 30 mile bike rides in between.

I'm so excited about this new adventure. I NEVER thought of myself as a runner and never really thought I would. It feels like such an accomplishment every single time. I've been tracking my runs on a log. Now, if I could just get control of eating like I am about exercise... One thing at a time. I'm still glad that I've tackled the heart issue I struggled with for so long first.

Well, we have four days of school left after Memorial Day then, who knows what my workout schedule will look like. I'm not much of a morning person, so staying so committed might be something I do and am only while the kiddos are in school.

Enjoy your holiday weekend! :)

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Way to go Foresta Gump!! She was running and running and running!!!