Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Do you have a "Yet"

Like Jeremiah, I write what I feel. I use this blog to post my honest frustrations and feelings. I almost always end though with statements of truth about God to stand on. My negative is always accurately supported and sustained in His Promises. I was just reading Lamentations 3:16-24 and I want you to see all that he says before the "YET" and then all that he says after. It is so good and so rich and I don't know what I would do without this kind of a "YET" in my life.

16 He has made me chew on gravel.
He has rolled me in the dust.
17 Peace has been stripped away,
and I have forgotten what prosperity is.
18 I cry out, “My splendor is gone!
Everything I had hoped for from the Lord is lost!”
19 The thought of my suffering and homelessness
is bitter beyond words.
20 I will never forget this awful time,
as I grieve over my loss.

21YET I still dare to hope
when I remember this:

22 The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease.
23 Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!”


Do you see the richness we have in the hope that we have in HIM??? I'm on fire!!! God, Thank you for being our hope. Thank you for your word that is life to this parched soul!!!! <><

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Excellent post!!! :)

Mimi said...

Way to go!! I almost posted that when I wrote mine. Glad you did!!

km said...

I LOVE that His mercies are new every morning. We were talking in our Sunday School class about this last week. I am sure that with out a YET I couldn't no have made it through the last few years. The big things...losing my Gram...losing my Dad...MAJOR dental work for me...my husband being unemployed for 10 weeks...and seeing our daughter go under anesthesia for dental work in the middle of the unemployment.

YET HIS MERCIES ARE NEW...Except that I go through tough times, I would not see so clearly HIS FAITHFULNESS.

Thanks for sharing so transparently. I've had a lot of days like you mention, and I never think that you love your kids any less.

Karen Hossink said...

Rachel, it is so good to "hear" you again!
I have been doing some catch-up reading and had to stop at this point to leave a comment. When you have a minute, come watch this post: http://surviving-motherhood.blogspot.com/2009/01/whats-on-your-mind.html
Love the YET!!!