Monday, December 22, 2008

Thoughts

I think out many posts that I'd like to write. They are usually evaluating how I'm handling the things that I'm dealing with in my life. They obviously don't make it here. I used to be so good at that. Now, I get frustrated that they haven't made it here.

As I scurry around trying to pack four of us up for our trip to CO (yes, I make my husband at least pack his own bag), I had the desire to unload weeks worth of thoughts onto my blog. Of course now I sit looking at a blinking cursor begging me to begin. The problem is that I don't know where to begin and I'm quite scared to unload because I lack a filter that most people have. This blank page is dangerous territory for me.

Father, I take comfort in the fact that You know where I am and what this past week has been like for me. I beg for You to help me grab a hold of the Peace that you offer right here in the midst of my hardship. Before I hit the road, wash me in Your Presence.


That is simply all I can offer right now!!!!

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Exactly the reason I write it all out, then go back and edit. Get it out, then filter. :) Unload all you need girl. Shoot, send it in an email to me if you want, no filtering necessary.

Stacey said...

I lost interest in blogging a while back because I had worried so much about offending people that I filtered everything too much and that got boring. Go ahead and be real - the real you is great!

Heather said...

Your "sitting, staring at a blinking cursor" actually turned into a post. Meaning, typing out those actual words gave you something to blog about. How's that for surreally blowing your mind?!?!?!?

Like when you consciously try not to think about anything, but that turns into thinking about not thinking about anything and then you realize that you're thinking about thinking about not thinking about anything which turns into thinking about think...

I'm so weird.