Monday, June 8, 2009

Tone Setter

Some sort of grumpy version of myself has taken over and all that's left is this person writing. How do I find my way back? Uuuggh! Today, I have isolated my grumpy self in my room and taken refuge in the wrong thing..... a game on my iPhone. Sad, huh? Well, it's true. I keep playing it in hopes that the perfectly played game will find the "me" that was replaced by this person. Only, I fear it's getting worse with each low score that is produced. The game: Scramble. It's like Boggle for the iPhone and I have scrambled thoughts now just from playing it.
I truly do set the tone in this home. This is a huge responsibility. My boggled brain is confusing this concept and thinking that I could twist those letters around so that I no longer carry the responsibility of setting the tone here.
Well, some days are better than others. Today is not one of the best, but I get to go on a bike ride later. Maybe this funk will unscramble its way out as I pedal away the last hours of this not so good day.

God, I thank you that Your mercies are new every morning. Great is Your Faithfulness. I'm so glad I can bring to you my scrambled up moods in hopes of changing and improving. Protect my girls from my failures! Amen

3 comments:

BASSakward Tales said...

you know what sister...you are not the only one who is in a funk..but the bright side of it is that your prayer you wrote is exactly what i needed to read...i hope your day and week get better but know that you have had a positive impact on someone.....keep your chin up

Stacey said...

Hope your day is getting better, Rachel!

Katester said...

Rachel - no, I am absolutely not a runner. :) I do it simply as a part of my ongoing routine to not get fat. However, I do sometimes enjoy the scenery, as I did in Iowa, which was more of a jog . . . walk . . . jog . . . walk, sort of run.