Monday, August 15, 2011

Cool Breeze Century!

This week I fly to CA to ride in the Cool Breeze Century from Ventura, CA through Santa Barbara! I'm so excited to be raising money once again for Young Life! I'm finding that anytime you mention California, people want to know specifically what part. Well, I found a description of our bike route and a map with elevation that I'll post here.




The Metric Century and Century routes follow the coast to Carpinteria, then turn inland through the scenic orchards and flower ranches of East Santa Barbara County. The Metric will loop back through Montecito and on home, while the Century hooks up with the very challenging Double-Metric Century riders who have ridden the Ventura River Bike Trail, into East Ojai and over Casitas Pass and connecting with the Century Route into Goleta.

During numerous Team YL training rides, I've heard it said that if we can ride 40 + miles in Oklahoma, surely we can ride 100 in CA. It's just been so hot here, I think we are in for an amazing day on the bike. I'll try to post pics after this weekend! If anyone wants to donate, just email me or leave me a comment! (ridermeyergirl@gmail.com)


No comments: