Monday, April 26, 2010

26.2


Wow!!! Four hours and forty-three minutes of running!!! That's a LONG time. It was so amazing!!!! What a feeling of accomplishment! I have two favorite parts. One is crossing the finish line and completing what I trained for! The other is that I got to run 24 of those miles with my best friend! I even wonder today if I would have made it if it weren't for her. I struggled from mile 14 to 19 and she was there. She encouraged me in my mind to think of things above. It was at that point that I turned my ipod to the book of Psalms (from the bible on cd by Word of Promise!) Of course, when that didn't help... pretty much all the music suggestions friends from Facebook gave me helped a bit!!

We took it nice an slow from mile 20 to 24. It was at that point that my dear friend's calf was giving her the most grief, so I went on. I think I was so excited about the finish that I began to sprint..... at mile 24! I sprinted pretty much until 25.98 where I put my ipod away so I could soak in the feeling of the finish! I LOVED that my family was there cheering me on!

OH, and a third favorite part was that our husbands rode their bikes along the course to check in on us and cheer us on along the way! This was fun! I never knew when I'd see them and when I did see them I lit up. I'd get my smile on and ham it up for the camera. Nick took LOTS of great shots. I'm just putting a few on here, but I think there were like 80 in my FB album!

Last thing I desire to say about finishing my first marathon is that I want God to receive ALL the glory! I trained, yes.... but I trained WITH Him. I talked to Him a LOT about this race and my body and training and difficulty and made many life applications along the way. I grew in this experience in many ways and am SO glad that I DID IT!!!!!!!




3 comments:

Mimi said...

I am so proud of you, too. Your diligence to hang in there for this past year, having gone from being excited about running 5 miles last year after the marathon when you were getting started to finishing 26.2 so well...........yes, to God be the glory. I am thankful for your supportive Nick and girls, who also cheered you on!!!

Christy said...

WOW, what a great job you did. I wish I could do what you did... I don't have the perservereance nor the samina. I am so much to lose before I'd even be able to job really.

the pictures were awesome, and how sweet of your hubbies to ride with you and pop up here and there!

ALL PRAISE HONOR AND GLORY ARE DUE TO THE FATHER... and you did just that... HE rejoices over you and dances over you!

Nikkie said...

love it! and the look on your face is priceless!

congrats, my friend.