Friday, July 11, 2014

Market Ready!

Our house has been on the market for two weeks today!  On the day that we heard we were moving to  Colorado, I rearranged our family room so the couch was no longer hiding the fire place and I cleaned up some of the kids' junk in our 3rd car garage area.  Those two things were really the ONLY two things I had to do to be ready to show my house.  I thought I was ready to be on the market.  I was mentally patting myself on the back because I thought I had lived "market ready!"  Until....

I started to notice the dirt streaks on Megan's yellow walls and a saggy curtain rod and an outlet cover that needed to be replaced and...well, the small list went on and my "Market Ready Pride" popped.  The spiritual parallel began to form quickly in my mind.

We, as believers, know that we should live like the bride of Christ waiting for HIS return.  We are to be ready at any moment to be taken up with HIM.  And maybe we do have our lives "looking" pretty good, but in reality, there's a lot of clean up and our to do list is a bit longer than we'd care to admit.

So, since that mental spiritual parallel, I have just been living in that place of being on the market.  Ready to turn on the lights on and pop out of our house at any given time until we get an offer.  As soon as we know anything more on timing for our transition, I'll be sure to post about it.

No comments: