Wednesday, November 24, 2010

In Everything Give Thanks!!!

If I had updated this blog every single time a change was made from my last entry, there would have been a LOT of posts that would have documented this journey in a different way. Since I didn't, I'll start with how I've felt holding all of this in.

This has been an incredibly difficult whirlwind of a roller-coaster ride we've been on. Once I began to process or even "deal" with our move, a change was made. Then a conversation took place, then a thought, then something to pray on, then a dangling carrot, then another offer, then.... well, you get the picture. It has been challenging to hang on and stay intact for the whole family.

So, with that said, I've just had difficulty existing in all of this myself that I have left NO room for anyone else to be caught up in the process.

May I first begin with saying that GOD is so Good! He alone is Good. I see His Goodness. I feel His Peace. I trust Him completely.

Okay, next I need to just state the news: We are staying in Oklahoma and taking a job here. Inevitably that leaves most people scratching their heads at what God was doing on the Colorado Springs side. Well, that's for another post.

For today, for this post, I want to explain about the process of making this choice.

Most people that know us, know that for six plus years, it has been our desire to move back to Colorado. It is where our hearts were. Or so we thought....

I must say that my heart is here. It is here where God has planted us and allowed us to grow in so many relationships and in so many different ways. Telling our news of moving to CO and watching bewildered faces was one of the first signs that maybe we weren't supposed to just up and leave. I can't tell you how overwhelming it was to watch people feel loss for us (as a family) when we shared the news.

Then, you have the whole timing issue of our recent move. I believe that God led us to this house on this street and in this neighborhood. We are unquestionably where God wants us in this place. I mean, really? We just moved here six months ago!
As we began praying specifically about a move to CO or staying right here where we are, God showed us how he was already at work in and through us, here in Edmond. At that point, we decided to pursue job opportunities we had heard about in OKC. In a way that only God can confirm a thing, He provided a job that was just that; a confirmation so BIG, so GLARING, so OBVIOUS that we couldn't miss it!

What a process! What a journey! So it is bittersweet to tell you how excited we are about our future here in OK while at the same time letting go of the idea of living in Colorado!

9 comments:

Princess MommyPants said...

Wow! What an amazing journey! Moving is such a big decision, and going through that process must have been exhausting! And, how wonderful that God was able to make things clear in the end for you. Perhaps the Colorado Springs thing was to help you realize that Oklahoma is where you need to be, and therefore would ease your longing to move back to CO?

Becca D said...

Oh my goodness, I can imagine how stressful that would have been with all the changing and unknowns! I'm happy for you that you now know for sure where God wants you and that you feel peace about it! I was excited about the idea of you guys living here in the Springs, but SO happy for you that it's all settled now!
--Becca

The McKays said...

Wow, big changes, but I can totally see how, like Kelly said, God may have brought this opportunity into your life to show you that really, your heart is at home in OK. God is amazingly good. Glad you have a sense of relief, clarity, and freedom in your new sense of direction. xoxo

Heather said...

Yay yay yay yay yay!!! Okay...officially going to call you to do more things now! :) And J.J. will get to play with Meg! He will be oh-so-happy!!

Isn't it weird when you find out the thing you wanted wasn't really what you needed or what God had planned?

Stacey said...

God is good...all the time!
All the time...God is good!
Rejoicing with you!
now, what's the new job??

nikkie said...

woot! you are right, He is good, even if you had moved to CO, i'd still be saying it.

love ya.

and i am glad you're staying for selfish reasons.

nikkie said...

what i mean by that is MY selfish reasons!

BASSakward Tales said...

i am so glad that God has shown u where you need to be...we have been there before...hope you bloom where you are planted....

soonercolby said...

How exciting! And a WIN-WIN either way. You're in the LORD'S will and you get to stay in Oklahoma. Go, God!!