Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Cookie Breakfast

If I could eat my cookies in the morning, I wouldn't feel the guilt that I do at night. I'd have the whole day ahead of me to appreciate the taste and to burn off those calories. I really don't have much more to say about this.
My mornings have changed so much lately. Since the Passion conference and the purchase of this new bible of mine, I excitedly wake up to coffee that Nick brings to me in bed and time to discover more about our God in His Word. What a privilege it is to handle the Bible so freely and discuss it so openly. I've been perplexed as to why I question so much more each time I read a story in the Old Testament. I'm asking things about the text I never saw in the first place to ask. Maybe you can only be spoon fed for so long. I delight in the fact that I was raised on all the classic Bible stories. But as I have transitioned into the one that teaches it to her own children, I find myself learning so much more about God rather than the details of the story. I'm excited about this newness in my reading.

No comments: