Friday, March 26, 2010

Double Jock Parenting

"Tag, I got 'em, you go."

This is truly what our life has looked like a lot lately. Since I've been training for this marathon, I simply HAVE to get my runs in. If for some reason I don't get them in when the girls are at school, then Nick and I discuss how my run will fit into the day around his bike ride. Particularly our weekends have this feel to it.

Before I started running (11 months ago), Nick and I had biking. Since we both did this together, we ended up just paying sitters so we could go together. That got expensive and there was a little resistance on my part when he would mention going with the guys.

Just this morning he told me that he was talking to a friend about how much more he gets to ride since I've become a runner. This is good all around!
I just finished reading an article in Runner's World Magazine about two jocks that have a great system. I swear I could have written it and that is what has triggered me to process this very post. It's beautifully balanced within this home.

I have been running more and posting less :( I love to blog and this outlet has suffered at the hand (or foot) of my running! My marathon is in one month, so hopefully my schedule will adjust back to some sort of normal posting rhythm. Until then, I'm off to hit the pavement (while the girls are in school!)

3 comments:

Chelle said...

One month until you rock that marathon!!!

Nikkie said...

ok,I'm secretly wishing I was running too! My mind wishes that...I think my body would say 'no!'

Hard work pays off, doesn't it?

Proud of you :)

Karen Hossink said...

Ah, Rachel, I don't want to run a marathon, but you've got me thinking that I would love to be able to run again. But my knee always says NO when I try. :(
Keep up the good work!